What is SEO and Why Its Important
In this world of internet, computers, extensive competition it is important to have online presence for every company in all business sectors. There are lots of ways to create online presence but the best way is to develop a website where users can get information about your company, products, services, and latest happenings in your sector. BUT, a website is not enough to make you visible to as there more than a billion websites have already developed. The question here is to how to make your website visible to those people who are interested in your venture. To get the answer of this question you have to understand the behavior of people who use internet especially those people who might be interested in your business. It is difficult to understand the complex behavior of people but one thing is sure that almost every internet user uses some search engine to look for their desired website. You have to manipulate the results of the results of those search engines to get traffic on your website. This master piece is all about how to design such website which not only gets huge traffic but also compel people to spend their time on it. Increasing number of visitors accessing an internet website is a vital goal of web developers, this is done by means of a methodology known as search engine optimization commonly abbreviated as SEO. This technique results in increased ranking of a website once search is made using search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo etc. Ranking of any website directly affects the probability of visitors accessing the website, so it is obvious that a website having high ranking is accessed more as compared to the one with low ranking. The websites are coded in such a way by utilizing SEO that not only the demand of general public is met but also it is ensured that the content made available on internet through website, gets high chances of getting accessed by the users. Few terms and aspects pertaining to SEO are explained in subsequent headings given below.
What is an SEO Friendly Website?
You must have heard a lot about SEO Friendly websites. If you are about to develop your own website yet you do not know the importance of SEO or why an SEO friendly website is important, then this article is exclusively for you.
So, What Exactly is an SEO Friendly Website
SEO is the abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization. It is a combination of various features which enables a website to appear in the first few pages of a search engine, Google to be more specific. These features are the main determining factors behind the success or failure of any website. Let’s have a look at what those features actually are:
A Creative and Unique Description/Title for Every Page
The first and the foremost requirement of an SEO friendly website is that its each and every page should have a different and a unique description. It should be catchy enough to attract traffic and increase revenue. So, whether it is the homepage or not, an SEO friendly website requires a title for each of its pages. If you don’t add the title for your different web page then system will assign a complex code to your web page to make it unique but it will make it difficult for search engine to read the title of your web page. It will reduce the chances for your web page to appear at the top of search results.
The URL Address is Perfectly Formatted
The URL or the web address matters a lot. It should be concise and well formatted. It should convey what the page is actually about. The title’s name should be written in small letters. The words should be separated by putting in a dash “-“ between them.
The Pages Load Quickly
How fast or slow your website loads is extremely important. For an SEO friendly website, all of the pages of your website should load quickly. Your server should be really quick. This is because the end user usually does not have time to wait for a website to load. In such a case, the traffic can be diverted to your competitor resulting in loss of potential customer and eventually profit.
There Should be No Copied Content
Copying and pasting content and images from the other websites is considered to be a terrible practice in the world of SEO. It is not only legally wrong to copy some other website’s content but it is not also considered as a professional practice. You should come up with unique content for your website. The title should be catchy and it should be better than what your competitor is presenting to its potential customers.
The Images Should be Optimized As Well
An SEO friendly website not only should have optimized content but optimized images as well. it is a fact that good images are a big factor behind attracting traffic. For optimizing your images, you should save them with a proper file name. It makes it easier for the images to show up ion Google, and you are likely to get a lot of traffic in this way.
The Layout Should be Awesome
No matter how unique the content is or how perfectly your images are optimized, your page’s layout needs to be awesome as well. a well designed page not only catches the eye of the viewer, but it makes it easier for the visitors to go through your website as well.
Web designing is not just about an aesthetic design and a perfectly colored coordinated layout anymore. Now it has become all about SEO or Search Engine Optimization. If you want your website to provide you with the target revenue, then you should be totally aware of what is SEO in web design. So let’s bring a hold on to your curiosity and find out how SEO and web design are important for each other.
SEO Guarantees Search Result
What is the most important factor when you design a website? Yes, you need to have people visiting it. But have you ever thought how would people actually come and check the website out? Well, it is through Search Engine Optimization. So, if your website is about a particular service, it will show up in Google when people will enter keywords related to it in the search engine. But this is not just it. Your website should be so much well optimized that it should appear on the first page of the search engine results. This is because many of the users do not even bother checking out the second or the third pages, and the pages after the first three pages simply do not exist for them. More than 90% people don’t even bother to check the second page of the search results. You have to bring your website to the first page to generate traffic and you must know about SEO web designing to achieve this goal.
How is SEO Valuable for Websites
Business owners should be well aware of the importance of SEO in web designing. The integration of SEO in a website starts right from its conception. So, when the designer is designing a website, he should be incorporating SEO in it right from the beginning. So, it actually does not matter how much aesthetically pleasing your website is, if it has not incorporated SEO, it is simply not going to work.
Content, Links and Keywords – The Three Main Factors of SEO Web Design
Your content, the links to different pages of your website and the keywords which you focus upon are the three most important factors to determine.
First and the foremost, you need to focus upon your websites content. The content should be well written and unique. Copying material from other websites does not help at ll. Rather, it undermines your ability as a business. Once you have decided which type of content you want to focus upon, you can now focus on the keywords. Keywords are the backbone of an SEO website. By adding keywords to your content, you make it convenient for your web page to appear on Google and other search engines.
Link building is an awesome way of directing more traffic to your website. When you build links with already popular website, more users are diverted towards yours. In this way you not only gain traffic but potential customers as well.
What to do if One is Unaware of SEO
There is nothing to worry about if you are not familiar with SEO. There are many professionals who offer their services for optimizing different websites. You should hire a professional for handling all your SEO needs. There are lots of online tutorials out there which can help you learn about SEO web designing but most of them are very complicated. Stick to this article and read tit to the end. You will get the answer of every question in simple language. After reading it you will be able to develop a converting website.
How to Build SEO Friendly Website
If you are planning to build a new website for your business, then your preference should be to go with an SEO friendly one. This is because an SEO friendly website yields more revenue for you and has a great potential of increasing your revenues manifold.
How to build SEO friendly website is a very common question people interested in web designing are asking these days. Well, building such a website is not child’s play. It requires some rules to follow. You also need to be really committed with the website as well. Updating of such a website regularly is also very important. Before I make your more confused, let’s focus on how to build SEO friendly website.
Your Website Should Have a Proper URL Structure
No matter how great the domain name of your website is, you still need to have a proper URL structure for it. A website with a proper URL tends to have more users as it shows up in search engines easily. Your URL structure should be in accordance with the content and its topic. In this way, it will be easier for the visitor to understand what your website is actually about.
Your URL should have dashes present between different words instead of other symbols like underscores. There is no need to use ID numbers in the end, as they actually serve no purpose as far as Search Engine Optimization is concerned.
Your Website Should have a Simple Navigation System
Simplicity is the need of this age, especially when it comes to browsing through a website. Your website’s navigation system should as much simplified as possible. Remember that users prefer browsing through websites which are user friendly and do not take more than a few seconds to upload.
The navigation menu of the website should also be simple. There should not be any unnecessary links or buttons present on any page as well. The navigation should be designed by keeping how the eye movement of a person works. The most important things should be placed on that area which is likely to catch the maximum attention of the user. Your dropdown menu should also be readable and manageable. In short, your user should not feel overwhelmed.
Your Website Should be Responsive
A responsive website is the one which can be accessed from any gadget. Whether it is a laptop or a mobile device, your website should be able to open. While many designers opt for a separate mobile friendly website separately, it is advisable to develop a responsive website as it is easier to manage and you do not have to shuffle between two websites trying to update them simultaneously.
Responsive websites also appear in the front pages of Google search because people are not using only desktop computers for searching anymore. Search engines knows that people are using mobiles and tablets too and they are committed to provide those results which can work on their device therefore search engines are giving preference to responsive websites. .
Your Images Should be Optimized as Well
It is not just your content which needs to be optimized, but the images as well. An optimized image increases your website’s ranking and you also receive more traffic. The best way to optimize images is to add appropriate description of every image. You can also add keywords to the image description to make sure that you website can also be found through image search option of search engines. Lots of people don’t add description to their images because their web developers don’t provide them space and easy option for it. You can also add image description in hidden mode so that users don’t see the discretion but search engines can read it.
An SEO friendly website is the answer to all your online business problems. However, making an SEO friendly website is not a joke. There are many things which you need to pay attention to. There are several approaches you need to incorporate for designing such a website. However, nothing is impossible to learn. So, if you want to learn how to make an SEO friendly website, then you have come to the right place.
Search for the Best Keywords
Keywords are the most important element of any SEO friendly website. So, when you are making a website which is following the rules of the Search Engine Optimization, then you should use a keyword tracker for narrowing down the keywords which are the best suitable for your website. The keywords should be according to the products or the services which your business is selling or providing.
Placement of Keywords Should be Done Intelligently
Finding keywords is not just one thing. Their placement on the website matters a lot as well. Keywords should
- Be placed in the URL of the related pages of the website.
- Be present prominently in the content. Add them to the topic of the article or the blog post, in the headings as well as the sub headings.
- Be embedded into the anchor text, meta tags as well as the domain name.
- Be incorporated in such a manner that a theme is established throughout the website based on them.
- Be placed properly in a sentence without destroying the elements of grammar and proper sentence structure.
- Have a proper density to mark how many times they will appear in a certain blog post or article.
Your Website Should Have a Proper Placement of Title and Meta Tags
Google is not the only search engine which shows websites on the basis of SEO. The other search engines also follow the same formula as well. This is why your website should have a proper placement of meta and title tags so that Google and other search engines can find you easily.
Work on Your Content
If you have written some amazing content for your website, your work does not end over here. You should keep on adding more content to your website so that your users should keep on visiting you back. The word count of your content also matters a lot. Your single article should have at least 250 words for the visitors to read.
Use Images Carefully
It is better to use images really carefully. Optimizing them is always a better option as it also increases the SEO ranking of your website. However, the images should be placed in the content at the appropriate places only. If your article does not require an image of any sort to be included, then simply let go off of the idea of adding any.
By following the above mentioned methods your can make an SEO friendly website. In the next section you will read details of these aforementioned basic aspects of SEO and other advanced aspects of SEO.
World Wide Web (W3) Consortium is the ultimate authority used for building and construction of website, therefore there is a necessity of website construction to adhere to the standards and protocols of World Wide Web (W3) Consortium. Incorrect codes can have negative impact on the ranking of website in search engine results list moreover any code which is less effective also reduces the ranking of website. Code validation and authentication is made sure by remaining strict to the rules that are made by W3C, following such procedure results in under mentioned benefits:
- The purpose of W3C is constant display of website document across every platform once search is made on any search engine.
- Checking the validity of the code is done through code validation service
- Uniformity is ensured by abiding the protocols of W3C.
- By ensuring conformity to W3C standards, correct and consistent display of online products is ensured.
- All various operating systems (iOS , Xp,Windows 7 etc) and platforms (PC,Mac etc) and a vast variety of accessing device types (Tablets,Desktops,Mobiles etc ) used by the users increase the complexity of SEO which is efficiently catered for by adhering to W3C coding.
- Mark up validity of web documents is checked in formats including HTML, XHTML, SMIL, MathML, etc . Few of the tools are as follows:
- RSS/Atom feed validator.
- CSS validate.
- Mobile content checker.
- Broken link checker.
- Documents that are as per W3C coding can be converted into different types of formats e.g database and word document, this process involves less complexity.
- Much of the time is saved using W3C standards since one has to remain restricted to predefined protocols that are internationally well recognized.
- Forward compatibility and backward compatibility is ensured in W3C coding.
Besides all above mentioned benefits there is a problem often emerged in few W3C tools that they are too old to meet up fast data rate internet.
SEO utilizes various status codes of Hypertext Transfer Protocol or HTTP. Overview of the codes is given below:
- 1xx – Informational: Containing information about the request made , e.g in 100 the client must continue the request.
- 2xx – Success: Acknowledgement of the successful receipt and process of request.
- 3xx – Redirection: Although request has been received but for further process another step is required to be made
- 4xx – Client Error: Page is not valid although request has already been made by the client.
- 5xx – Server Error: This corresponds to the failure at the server end i.e a valid request was forwarded by the client but server couldn’t process and therefore error was generated due to server fault.
These all codes have further extension as well which give particular information about relevant context. Besides these codes there are some other codes as well which are used to give the error replies/responses.
Before getting into the in depth view of schema one must know what Schema is, how it works and what are its benefits. Schema.org also known as Schema was officially opened for access on 2 June 2011. This organization is a joint effort of Google, Microsoft, Yahoo and Yandex which is aimed to support an improved semantic search. Schema gives better representation in search engine results page (SERP) i.e the list of results which are the outcome of any keyword searched in search engine. Schema consists of vocabulary that can be incorporated along with different codings e.g RDFa, Microdata and JSON-LD. There are numerous websites which utilize schema.org for the purpose of marking up their pages or mail etc. These vocabularies are developed by the public using email@example.com mailing address. These vocabularies are shared for increasing the benefits to developers of websites for complete utilization of all of their collaborative efforts. This is the reason that shared schemas are provided by the sponsors and the other community.
Google mainly focuses the context or meaning of text which is searched and by using the schema additional fruitful information is attached to the search result which makes the search result of any website using Schema mark up more eye-catching, these details may include graphs, charts, Review Snippet, Recipe Snippet and Rich Snippet Article Content Carousels .Although Schema is currently less valued but still it is the most powerful method to discriminate among the local business.
Few benefits of Schema.org for local business are given below:
- Differentiating the business and confirming the identification of the business to the search engines and on the same time increasing the visibility probability of the website in the list of search engine.
- The websites which use Schema markup get a higher number of access clicks by getting an attractive result in search list any search engine.
- Schema markup ensures that appropriate content is presented on the search result.
- According to a research above 25% increment on clicks of a website in the list of search result has been observed due to use of rich snippet.
- Local Knowledge Graph Cards offered by Google in 2015 adds richness in the search engine results by inculcating direct access links such as call, direction or website etc.
- Moreover with the help of schema, websites promote their local business by even displaying events in close vicinity of the user who has made the search, in addition to this business details like name, address and phone number are also shown using schema mark up.
Alternative attributes of an image tag or in short form abbreviated as Alt tag is a property primarily related to Hyper Text Markup Language or HTML file format that is used as an alternative to image, which help the search engines when they crawl the web pages. Either visually impaired people get benefit from the Alt tags or those users who have intentionally turned off the images. So Alt tags are the description or definition of the image which is shown instead of the image. Windows screen readers used by the handicapped users then these Alt tags are efficiently used to read the text description of the image in the website. In the HTML file format Alt tag is written as :
Example : <img src= ” im.jpg ” alt = ” computer image ” title = ” im tooltip “/>
- It’s not possible to replace the actual text of the website using Alt attribute.
- Alt tags are not only redistricted to SEO however these can be utilized by SEO.
- Alt tags do not add much advantage to SEO.
- Every image shouldn’t be given Alt tag because any user who is visually impaired would listen irrelevant details of the image for instance if colored arrow pointing towards a picture also has an Alt tag then besides description of actual picture the description of arrow would be of no use to the person accessing that website.
- If the internet connection is weak then Alt tag is utilized to display the text attribute of the image instead of that particular image which was required to be displayed on the website.
- If there is any fault in the source then Alt tag is displayed.
- Browsers including Opera, Firefox and Google Chrome use the feature of Alt tag however internet explorer do not adhere to the specifications defined by HTML protocol as mouse arrow is required to be placed over the image for display of Alternative definition of the image.
- Alt = “” is used if no description of the image is required to be made for, instance for those images that are used only for enhancing the looks of a website.
- For provision of title tooltip in addition to the Alt tag for visual users a web designer must use title tag , format in HTML is given below:
Example: <img src=”cric.gif” alt=”cricket stadium” title=” Built in year 2015 ” >
Title tag requires a user to take the cursor to the image and place it on the image for few seconds then title is displayed
Summary Alt tags are also used by the web developers for the purpose of displaying a string of similar alphabets for example showing the molecular structure of chemical formula of sugar i.e C12H22O11 ,in this scenario summary Alt tag would be written as
< img src = “sugar.gif” alt = ” sugar molecule structure ” >
If high ranking in search engine list is desired then a right and appropriate name of the image file must be chosen along with correct incorporation of alt tag. The search engines while searching the web pages crawls through the website and checks for keywords as well in the image files, therefore proper and suitable image name must be used. For instance if a picture of flying bird is to be uploaded then instead of using a generic name like “ image _ 0011.jpg “ a name depicting activity in the picture must be used i.e “ a high flying bird “. Now let’s talk about word press, in word press image name is automatically detected and is set as an image title so appropriate name must be chosen for the image being uploaded. In word press there is an option of description or caption of the image, although this doesn’t add any SEO value to the image and it has no concern with the search engine ranking but it may be included to facilitate the users for getting additional information about the image. For better results of search engine rankings the image file size must be reduced to a much possible minimum extent without letting down the quality of the image file. Tips and facts regarding image file size are as shown below:
- As per Amazon analysis pages that become slow by one second may lose around a billion dollar of revenue per year , speed of browser is related to image file, therefore uploading a heavy image file must be avoided.
- As a target file size, the standard image file size must go around 65 Kb.
- File extension types that are normally used for uploading images normally include:
- Joint Photographic Experts Group Format (JPEG).File size is smallest, optimum view quality can also be achieved by opting this file format.
- Graphics Interchange Format (GIF). For larger elements GIF image file format shouldn’t be opted.
- Portable Network Graphics Format (PNG). PNG has further PNG-8 or PNG-24 types as well. PNG is used as a substitute to JPEG or GIF image file format.
All these three types have different effects on size of the image file and hence appropriate file format must be selected for uploading the image on the website.
File name whose ranking has to be increased must be used so that it may facilitate search engines to easily find that image, thereby increasing the ranking as well. Sometimes on the internet an image of one website is used by other websites without paying any credit, such cases may be traced by using tools like image raider and afterwards that particular website may be approached and asked for credit. Multiple angles of an image must be covered as per latest trends being followed currently in the internet world for example 2013-Suzuki-Bike-RE-Red-Speed-Tires-Lights.jpg -> using the alt tag of: alt = ” 2013 Suzuki Bike RE Red Speed Tires Lights.jpg “.
Link title attribute corresponds to a file format in web designing while considering SEO concept, here as the name suggests details of any link are shown. Once cursor is placed over the text then detail is displayed after few seconds and gets popped up. Link titles has a negligible direct effect over SEO rankings, however, these may have indirect effect over the ranking of website. Indirect effect of link title can be elaborated by defining a terminology known as Click through Rate (CTR) which describes the ratio for any particular click, in any website it is related to link title since link title increases chances of CTR. Link titles explain the further clarification of the link shown in the website. For screen readers and visually impaired people who cannot read the site with eyes and instead they get external help from any application the details mentioned in link title could be missed out , therefore , adding vital information in the link title must be avoided. Some basic facts pertaining to link title are as under:
- Unless required as a necessity, same link statement must be avoided to be used as link title whereas for the case where link statement is not completely displayed due to space restriction exactly same link statement can be used as a link title.
- Plain text English must be used in link title for easy understanding of the users.
- While defining link titles , users must be considered and given precedence over search engines.
- Link titles are used by web developers as a technique to save space of the web page.
- Link titles must be written in a way that they help the user to save his time by giving him the idea of what he would see in the link once it is clicked.
- An example of link title is that if link is about a “cell phone” then title would describe “technical features of cell phone” etc.
- All links do not require link title because the adjacent text can depict about the link that where a particular link could lead.
- Abbreviated or the word shown in an acronym form normally utilizes link title attribute as it gives detail of the acronym or abbreviated word.
- It is a fact that except opera most of the browsers have restriction on time limitation for the details of link title shown in a tool tip. Due to this reason an annoying condition to the users may arise, hence short readable sentence must be used as a link title so that the user may not miss out the detail shown in link title.
Example of link title:
Link: <http://forrexample.com/ Booklet/ sec8>;rel=“last”;
title=“last chapter ”
Above example containing outlook of syntax of a file format showing that “last section” sentence will be displayed once cursor is placed on the link.
Another example is
Link: <http://pages_on.com/ content/ ch2>; rel= “second “;
this example illustrates that detail of the link “second page” will be displayed in a tooltip for a short duration once cursor is placed on the link.
Link anchor text is a hyper link text shown in a website which can be clicked by the user; it is surrounded by other plain text. Link anchor text is shown in colored form and sometimes it is underlined too. Anchor text gives access to another webpage. Besides text an image can also be used for the purpose of hyperlink by using image as anchor tag. Blue underlined anchor text is used a common practice however this color coding can be altered using HTML syntax. For optimum results of SEO the anchor text should be pertinent to the page which is desired to be linked because if more exactly similar or partially similar keywords are contained in the website as anchor text the more ranking of the website would be in the search list. Link anchor text can be of various types including:
- Exact Same. In this type link word appears in continuity with the sentence.
- Partially Similar/Partial Similarity in Phrase. Few words of the desired key words which to be ranked are written in the sentence.
- URL. In this type complete URL is shown as link anchor text.
- Custom. Here targeted key words are not included instead words like “Go to link” etc are included.
- Brand Restricted. Brand name can be used as anchor text to give an access to the user to another web page.
- Author Name. Name of the author can also be used as anchor text for giving an access to the user to other web page.
- Few more types consist of any image or title of the article etc.
Link anchor text cover two types of access to website pages including following:
- Inbound links. These links are also given another name as backlinks, in these types of links the users or the search engines are given access to your web page. These are used by some other party web page.
- Outbound links. In outbound type of links the users or the search engines are given access to an outsider’s website.
Similarly internal linking corresponds to accessibility to the same domain but pages are different while external linking means accessing an external domain. An overview of HTML syntax for the link anchor text can be explained with following example:
<a href = “ http://www.anchortextexplain.com “>check example for understanding purpose</a>
This contains four parts for adding link text in the website:
- Start Part. Begins the statement i.e “<a”.
- Reference of the website location. It contains the reference of the link which has to be accessed e.g here it is “http: //www.anchortextexplain.com”.
- Text to be displayed. This part shows the text to be used as the anchor text e.g here it is “check example for understanding purpose”.
- Closing part or end part. Closes the statement “ </a> ”.
What is Google SEO?
SEO stands for “search engine optimization”. The process of increasing the number of visitors to a specific website by using special techniques and manipulating search engine so that website appear at the top of the result page because most traffic to website is usually directed from different search engines.
- Interrelation with Google: The art of web SEO depends on understanding that how man searches things and figure out what kind of conclusion Google will to show to its users. Search Engine Optimization is an ability used in web broadcast to increase web page clarity and traffic. SEO help to see that a website to approachable to a search engine.Google search result contains the systematic search result and many time paid advertisements.SEO also make sure that the HTML site’s optimized such that a search engine can examine what is on the page. Search Engine Optimization also provides free PDF downloading.
- Classification of SEO: SEO can be classified into two kinds. White hat SEO and black hat SEO.
- White Hat SEO: An SEO technique is assessed white hat SEO if it acknowledges to the search engines direction and involves no fraud.
- Black Hat SEO: Black hat SEO attempts to enhance rankings in ways that are disliked by the search engines, or involve fraud.
- White Hat verses Black Hat: White hats indicate to produce the conclusion that lasts a long time, whereas black indicate that their sites may finally be prohibited either temporarily or permanently once the search engines find what they are doing. Search engines may punish sites they find using black hat methods, either by decreasing their rankings or terminating their listings from their databases altogether. SEO is not suitable for each site. An efficient internet marketing campaign may also build high-quality web pages to qualify site owner to estimate conclusion.
- Marketing strategy: The search engine may have losses due to organic search traffic and their algorithms changes. Serious loss of traffic search engine may change their algorithm.
- Relationship with customer: SEO continuously obsessed with user satisfaction. The art of web SEO depends on understanding that how man searches things and figure out what kind of conclusion Google will to show to its users. Search engine optimization gives technical advice on website development. Search engine optimization expert in specific markets and geographies. Hiring an SEO is the best time when you are planning to launch a new site or redesign. Good SEOs can give you beneficial services. Hiring an SEO is a big decision that can possibly make better your website and may save your time
- Competition: SEO can create competition if two websites are selling the same thing.
- International markets: International marketers may need the translation of web pages; the search engine optimizer website would like to have more customers to increase their sale. SEO refers the techniques that to increase the traffic of their website by increasing their page rank.
- Marketing strategy: In search engine are trying to detect most compulsory pages of the web that show first when someone searches query. It is important that search engine optimizer can make more traffic to your website, it will make easy to understand and give you a higher ranking, and obtain more costumers make sales and attain your business motive.
SEO RICH CONTENT
SEO stands for search engine optimization or the procedure of optimizing a site that user can easily find anything via the search engine like Google. By content, we can express any information that exists on the web and can be used on the web. SEO content is any content make with the purpose of attracting search engine traffic. In last few decades, SEO has convert dramatically. If you comparatively new to the world of search marketing, you may have listened to the name of “SEO content” being around the marketing meetings. The search engine has gotten exclusive and that is a great thing for readers, searchers, marketers, and bloggers.
Digital marketing is now concentrating on making a reasonable amount of helpful content about a topic. The more you write about a subject, giving advice, or it will not provide traditional marketing copy.
Types of SEO content:
SEO content may contain any of the following,
- Video content: Arrange your video content strategy like you would text content.
Many businesses use videos on their sites as a way to contain extra information about the content of the page.
- Article:Think interview, News article or quality piece. This is the main kind of content you will find on magazines, newspaper websites.
- Slideshows: A slideshow is a way to show the series linked to images.
- Lists: A list is just kind of article, but shaping it as a list (such as; 10 ways to save electricity, 200 things to do when you’re bored) makes it easier to search.
- Product pages: These are the milk and honey of any retail e-commerce site. A good product page can serve as SEO content.
- Infographics:Infographics or large format images that include a lot of data on a single subject or can form a lot of page views links and views.
- Glossaries: many people use Google as terms that they use a dictionary.
- Directories: A directory is useful cladistics analysis for links to sites or resources around a given topic. For example, a watch blog might create a directory of places to buy watches, from big department stores to shop around the country.
Keyword Rich Content Can Improve Your SEO
Here are some other simple SEO tips related to keywords:
- Use the keyword field: If you’re using a content management system, first confirm to take advantage of the keyword field then add the keywords you have to recognize to this area of your post.
- Keep content fresh: Search engines give you more points the continuously you update your site. Update your homepage.
- Know your keywords: To create good SEO, you need to know how people search to find your website. One way to do this is to judge someone who is searching some information about your topic section.
- Content Organization: The content on your site should be arranged in a sensible way. This is not only good for SEO; it also helps visitors on your site find other related content search.
SEO Content Strategy:
- Define your goals
- Consider your audience
- Create an editorial calendar
- Analyze and re-assess
- Use headlines and sub-headers:
Using headlines does various instrument for SEO optimization. People are more likely to share the thing that is easy to understand or easy to read.
- Pay attention to your introduction:
When crawling a web page search engines want to detect what they are looking for and resolve if this is a page contain results as fast as possible.
- Interlinking better for SEO:
In article or pages to create their own small webs within their websites use internal interlinks.
- Use images and optimize them:
- Use meaningful image file names instead of numbers or separate characters.
- Make sure to optimize the size of the photo.
- Use images you have the vital copyrights.
- Pictures that are too large will slow load time and offend the SEO.
- Make the image as small as possible without any concession to the visibility or quality.
- Do not neglect about the body of the page:
Pay attention to the title and description of your web page and consider by adding your keywords naturally in the body of the page as well.
- Write High-Quality Content:
The perfect way to get people to read and busy with your content is to write content that is helpful and pleasing. Quality is very important that other utmost factor in the list. Search engine honored sites that have high-quality o the relevant content.
- Use lists instead of paragraphs:
Lists are easier to get your SEO content into without your repetition seeming odd.
- Select your keyword cleverly:
Before you sit to write your article, determine which keywords you want to integrate.
Before start writing, use the keywords in the headers, title, tags, and main text.
- Read it again:
Before hitting the publish button make sure that it can read without errors or omissions.
When we talk about SEO friendly content it means that content can be easily understood by search engines and they can understand about your page, the greater are your chances of accomplishing a better ranking in their search results.
Factors like content post title, bodytext, introduction, internal linking structure, authorship, appearance of the page and images are very important in SEO copywriting.
Writing tips for SEO friendly content:
- Claim authorship
- Use categories and tags
- Link to other blog posts
- Share and Encourage Sharing
- Link to External Helpful Resources
- Do Your Keyword Research
- Encourage Comments
- Show Neighboring and Related Posts
- Link to Product, Sales Pages & Landing on Your Website
SEO Friendly Should Not use Bad Writing:
You should never give up good writing for SEO. Most of the best-ranked articles on any topic you can name are written for users first and SEO is at best a second or third thought.
SEO content writing has traditionally been about optimizing web page copy by targeting keyword phrases in a certain amount and compactness. And yet search engine research shows that most of the elements that decide how a web page is ranked in the search engine are based on things that occur the page itself.
There are some basic principles which you can apply to your website content, article or blog post that can help you enhance your search engine ranking, generate more leads and increase your website traffic.
- Writing Effective headlines:
The headlines to the articles you write are important. You have less than 10 seconds to enchant the user’s attention. Headlines can be inspiring, intriguing , or controversial. They can make a bold claim, arouse curiosity, promise, or deliver important news. However they are written, what really matters is what your users do next. If they turn, your headlines have failed. But if they stay on your website to get more information, your headlines is a success.
- Stay on topic and get to the point:
It is easy to start writing o topic, drifting on to a topic that is unlinked to the message you are trying to convey. “even if your topic is worthy of a 500-page book, as a writer of the website, you need to keep it short and to the point.”
If you give content that is educational and interesting to the reader, your visitors will spend more time on your site, maximizing the chances for them to click on the area that generates income.
- Image optimization:
Provide a proper file name having target keywords and alt text to an image.
- Use of outbound or external links:
External links are the links that page relevancy signal. A current study has shown that pages with outbound links get more weight age than without outbound links.
- Internal linking optimization:
Add 3-4 internal links optimization to the content.
- Use social sharing buttons:
You should include social share buttons for great engagement and gain more visitors through social media channels. Also, check out the checklist to be observed before hitting publish button.
- Natural use of your keywords:
Insert keywords in your content naturally with variations of primary and secondary keywords. Your target keyword should be shown in first 100 words.
- Write genuine content:
You should write fresh content. Search engines can punish the expansion of a site that writes information that already exists online. Do not find yourself copying someone’s content then decreasing it off as your own just to meet a deadline.
- Content writing length:
There are many possibilities out there about the length of content that search engine like. I don’t believe that there is any magical edition, but I personally suppose that the ideal length would be anywhere from 400 to 1200 words.
- Write meta descriptions:
A lot of us neglect them because they take thetime to write. Nevertheless, good SEO content writing is nearly pointless without attention-grabbing meta descriptions. They directly affect how much traffic a web page collect from a given search result.
How to Do SEO Keyword Research?
Keyword search is when people use keywords to detect and research exact search terms that people enter into search engines. The learning about these actual search terms can help inform content strategy or marketing strategy overall.
Starting your research
The term “keyword” is actually a bit misleading because phrases are keywords, as least the most qualified and most valuable ones.
Developing Your Keyword File:
Regardless of which path you took free with keyword planner, paid with SEMRush (or term, volume, and Matched data out of quite much any other keyword tool). your file has a bunch of fluff data that is not going to help at this phase of the procedure .
If Using Google Keyword Planner:
The philosophy for using keyword planner, and getting the most out of it, is the same as SEMRush – you just get way fewer data especially now since Google requires you to be moving active bids on Ad Words to get the data you’re after.
- Start with common sense and then use data to according to your ideas.
- Find patterns commonly used as head terms, to allow you to abstract your common changes and determine the “long tail.”
- Kind by search volume and use negative keywords to filter down your list to core position.
- Leverage existing SERP’s to get a list of all your challenges at the keyword-level.
- Myroute competitive metrics for all SERP competitors.
- Build multi-layer filters to determine high-value targets, easy wins and create timelines for ranking.
What Is A Search Engine Marketing?
SEM stands for Search Engine Marketing. SEM is a type of Internet marketing associated with the submitting, researching and positioning of a website within search engines to attain maximum visibility and increase your share of paid and/or organic traffic recommendation from search engines.
Methods And Metrics:
- Keyword researchand analysis refers three “steps”: ensuring the site can be indexed in the search engines, Searching the most relevant and popular keywords for the site and its goods, and using those keywords on the site in a way that will generate and convert traffic.
- Back end tools, including Web analytic tools and HTML validators, give data on a website and its visitors and allow the success of a website to be measured.
- Google Mobile-Friendly website examiner. This test will examine a URL and report if the pagehas a mobile-friendly design.
Contrast With SEO:
SEM is a wide term than SEO. Where SEO aims to provide improved organic search results, SEM helps you successfully target visitors of search engines via advertising (paid) links in search results in addition to organic search to move targeted traffic to your website.
SEO and SEM are not competing services. SEO is examined a subset of SEM services. Today, if you want to conduct business on the net you need to be visible in both advertised links and organic, which means you need both SEO and SEM.
Keyword-rich content is the part of the process of organic search engine optimization. After a professional search marketing firm performs huge keyword research to resolve which keywords are being searched in connection to their product or services, copyright develops content that is very particular to these keywords. The final result of content that is very relevant and highly optimized so that the website places on the top search result page of the crucial search engines. Make it clear, make it easy, make your clients take action. Here are the main areas where you will want to target keywords for search engines alike:
- Page titles or meta descriptions
- Additional concept pages
- Category pages
- Image description
- Product page
Writing To Your Keywords
Search engine optimization (SEO) copywriting is a procedure of evolution of text content made specifically for web page marketing. This text is utilized to be read functionally by “crawlers”. Crawlers are conveyed out bysearch engines such as Bing,Yahoo, Google, AOL and dogpile , to gather information about websites and their relevance to the user’s query. Their ambition is to meet the goal of the user’s search, and your ambition is to make sure that you answer their searchappropriately. Your content must be unique, with the proper density of “keywords”, to fuel your prospect’s point and click.
Developing A Keyword Dense Content Campaign
You need a healthy balance of naturally arranged keywords to expand your search relevance for specific terms that mention on your web page or company.
Building A Web Content Strategy
USDSC works with you to make content that will conduct your clientele through each step of the buying cycle. We make sure you to hit the important points to show you are the best, best competent person to meet their goals.
Incorporate Keyword Effectively
Most writers and marketers recognize the value of using keywords. What they don’t feel is that how you use them can influence on rankings and user experience in a big way. Granted, from an SEO perspective, keywords are not as crucial as they used to be, but things like prominence, relevance, and density do matter.
Choosing “ Long Tail Keywords”
Long tail keywords are a sort of keyword phrase that has minimum three, and sometimes as many as five words in the phrase. Long tail keywords are used when you want to filter search terms so only the most competent buyers are drawn to your web page. It can also be used as an attention grabber when the searchers arelooking for something very particular.
Regularly Refresh Your Content While Including Your Target Keywords
There is no doubt that the addition of your targeted keywords in the content of your website can help to expand your rankings. But you also have to refresh your content on daily basis to supply the search engines with ongoing evidence that your site is relevant and crucial. If you can, find a way to regularly upgrade your site, whether it is a blog or news portion, as doing so will help you hugely in the eyes of the search engines.
A friendly URL is an internet address that we can easy read and includes words that describe the content of the internet webpage.
There are two types of friendly URL:
- It can help to people to remember the web address.
- It can help to take detail to the internet
Friendly URLs are short to remember and concerned user-friendly URLs. This URLs help to people remember to internet addresses, it means that we can direct search to another option related URL www.company.com/careers/ and If we want to direct indoor option we can search easy www.company.com/department/anydepartment/.
Since dynamic sites usually load different work based on the variables in the URL which are mostly listed after the question mark, this is not always easy to work.
One of the best search engine optimization way to using SEO friendly URL structures, a good sentence can help the indexation process of your website, but unfortunately, there are wrong websites that use incorrect, like suboptimal URLs. In this article, we can open to look different elements of a URL. How can make structure? Example:
There are three elements of a URL that we can self-make including the domain name, the subdirectories, and the file names.
The domain is the address of World Wide Web. It’s a part of URL that is most visible. We can communicate in emails, on flyers, visiting cards, etc.
A good domain name is easy to remember and also open the webpage, make it as short possible preferably one or two words. This will not need to help you rank top.
A domain is still the most famous domain extension when we take diversity domain extension on the search bar. On the other side country special domain extension such as (as,us,de,it) can have some benefits. If you have a local normal business you can purchase domain easily.
When we talk about subfolder or subdirectories, we can see at the depth and width of these folders.
Depth is the number of subfolders we search in a domain. This is normally impacted in the breadcrumbs. Deep pages will often be crawled less frequently. I like to keep my pages less than three folders deep.
Deep pages will often be crawled less frequently. I like to keep my pages less than three folders deep. The width of a directory does not impact on rankings; you can have as many pages as you want.
The page name is a part of your website that is easy to adjust. To change your domain name is not always possible, subfolder structure or domain extension, but it takes up far less time to changing the name of a page.
When choosing a good page name, it’s all about keywords and usability.
DIAGNOSES URL ISSUES:
To find URL based issues:
- Check for errors and warnings then determine if URLs are the culprit.
- Audit all URLs for proper syntax.
How to Create SEO Friendly Content:
If you have a website for your business, it’s important that the content of your website is search engine optimized (SEO). SEO friendly content is crucial because it impacts your website position on search engine. SEO friendly content is just content that was written with some concentration paid to how a search engine may see the content.
Image optimization is using the most compressed yet visually acceptable image in the actual file format for the particular role of the image.
You may not realize this, but images can create a TON of traffic from image-based search engines. If you want more of this traffic, you must learn how to optimize your images to some outcome of this traffic.
- Use the right image:
Finding and using the right type of images for your website is a necessary step towards success. You can simply find a picture that you can legally use for commercial motive or even one that has no copyright limitation. Make certain you have all important permissions to use or modify the image for your own purposes.
- Choose the right file format:
After you have selected the right image, you need to resolve which file format is optimal for your needs. Since we are mostly concerned with pictures and relatively difficult “photorealistic” graphics, we have to choose from the frequently used raster image formats: GIF, PNG, and JPEG.
- Use informative file names:
For images download from your camera, provide them a new name that’s descriptive, making it simple for search engines to find them.
- Pay attention to alt text:
Alt text short for “alternative text” is used to highlight the recognized of an image when you hang over it with your mouse cursor. It also shows as text to all userswhen there is trouble rendering the image.
- Separate your thumbnails from main pictures:
Ideally, your thumbnails should be as small as possible to minimize page loading time. That means you required to resize them and use the suitable level of compression. Since they tend to be very small anyway, you can reduce a little bit of picture quality for increased speed.
- Create image sitemaps:
- Don’t rely on third-party image hosting:
Image hosting services like Imgur and Postimage permit you to upload images onto their servers, which is good for saving some space and lessening the overall bandwidth your site used. The grand downside is your images may become deleted or blocked when the hosting services are overwhelmed with huge numbers of traffic.
- Integrate social media:
Social media plays a crucial role in your overall SEO and customer learning strategy. The easiest way to merged your images into social media platforms is to add social media sharing buttons to your website. One of the most famous ways to motivate visitors to share your images to Interest is to add a simple “Pin It” button to each one.
- When in doubt, consult Google’s Webmaster Guidelines:
Google has arranged a set of image publishing guidelines to help you optimize your site for their search engine and your users as part of their Webmaster Guidelines. You can find the proper guide here. It contains detailed information on the topics discussed in the article, and much more.
SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress SEO plugin which automatically upgrades all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes for SEO motive.If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images add them which is based on to the options you set.
- It adds the alternative and title text to your images automatically
- It makes alternative and titles text differently by combining the following four variables:
- Title- replaces post title
- Name – replaces image file name
- Category – replaces post category
- Tags – replaces post tags
ALT attribute is a crucial part of search engine optimization. It expresses your images to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key modifyelements for a match.
TITLE attribute play a shorter role but is crucial for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when the mouse is over the image.
SEO Optimize Images: File Name + ALT Text + Size
- Optimize Alt Text and Title of Images
- Optimize image file names
- Optimize the Size and Image Load Speed
- Control Your Content Thumbnail
- Automatically Watermark Your Images
SEO Friendly Images Plugin
The SEO Friendly Images plugin will automatically fill in your title and alt text boxes for you, which are based on tags linked with different components from your site. It will also do this for any images that you’ve already post. This plugin will set your alt and title text byautomatically alternating in the title of the post, the name of the file, the category, tags linked with the post, or even general words that you have typed in yourself.
Optimize Every Single Image Automatically
If you are conscientious about SEO optimizing your images, then undoubtedly this plugin is not for you. But if you are like most, and you want an easy way to automatically optimize your images, then this plugin is the ticket.
If you set up in a clever way, then you will get some pretty fair optimization applied to Every Single Image on your site. And that, ofcourse, is miles and miles better than nothing.
Why SEO Friendly Images?
SEO friendly Images are a Word press plugin that automatically optimizes all images on your blogs for search engines like Yahoo, Google, and Bing. It does by adding the optimal ALT and TITLE tag to the image on the image post, name, title and other customizable.
How Does It Work?
We all know how crucial ALT and TITLE tags are for images but we still move to forget them when we add images to our blogs. Happily, this is where SEO Friendly images can make better. It will automatically add the superlative ALT and TITLE tags to all your images, both to those already posted, and to all newly uploaded images.
By doing this, SEO friendly images helps search engine like Google. It better understands the context of your image which in spin help it better in Google images search, resulting in expanding traffic.
WordPress is the most popular tool to develop the website and obviously it has lots of built-in features and plug-in to improve the design of websites to optimize it for search engines. Although, all aforementioned tips will help you develop a converting website but here are some additional tips to do quick SEO on WordPress
- First of all, change the permalink setting from default to any other option of your choice. It will make the structure of your URLs more SEO friendly.
- If you already don’t know .xml sitemap plug-in then its time for you to get some knowledge about this plug-in. it will in the text the content of your website faster than any other plugin. It will also update the sitemap of your website automatically so install it and enjoy automated SEO.
- You should also have Caching plug-in to optimize the load on the server. It will automatically improve the speed of your website and users will not avoid your website just because of high page loading time.
- WordPress has lots of built-in themes that you can use without spending a single penny. You must select the responsive theme because it is the era of smart mobile when most people prefer surfing through mobiles instead of laptops and desktop computer. Your website should be compatible on the mobile browser and search engine give priority to the websites with responsive designs.
- Linking of content in your website is very important. WordPress allow you to link new content of the website to the old content. You can link your ordinary content to the best or most important content of the website to direct users to the best page of the website.
- It is nice to see comments of users on your website but spammy comments can ruin the reputation of your website. You must delete those comments and there are tolls in WordPress to remove comments with abusive words and advertisements links. It means you can delete spammy comments even when you are not online.
- Everyone knows that you must add unique content regularly to improve the ranking of your website and it is very expensive to hire a full-time assistance to do it. Make use of tools like WP Robot which can help to update content automatically. you can even set time and date for the date of time.
All these tips are quick and easy to follow. Even a person with no knowledge of SEO can do these things. It is only matter of looking at right thing ar right time.
E-commerce websites are becoming more and more popular because of improved security features on internet banking and improving policies of financial institutes about online selling and purchasing. Now people are less hesitant to make online transactions and prefer to do online shopping. It is because online shopping allows people to look unlimited products while sitting in their launch. They can buy anything from any part of the world. Customers can also see the price of all products on different e-commerce websites and can compare them. All these aspects are making e-commerce website more popular due to which competition is also increasing among these websites. The basic techniques to do SEO for the ecommerce website is same as that for the ordinary website but audience and purpose of e-commerce are making SEO for these websites slightly more technical. Following tips can help you do the SEO for your e-commerce website easily.
- Use more realistic and high-quality images for all products. It will be better if you use copyrighted images as it will improve the authenticity of your website.
- Ecommerce website usually contains products with their description and rice therefore developers find it hard to insert keywords. You can add keywords to the images description, product name and product description. It will create keyword density high enough to get in the notice of search engine. Some websites even use a list of keywords under the product just to ensure that user can search their product easily through different keywords. it is also a nice technique to do the SEO for e-commerce websites.
- An e-commerce website with an authentic fund transfer method gets higher preference therefore it is recommended to offer PayPal or credit card option through a high-profile online funds transaction security company. It is a slightly expensive step but it can raise the ranking on the website to a very high level.
You can do SEO for your website without being a master in the web designing. There are lots of people out there who managed to get their website to the top of search engine result page without learning web designing and web development. All you need to do is to stay in touch with latest SEO tools and SEO experts. You can get SEO web design idea from the blogs and website of experts. You can replicate their design through tools like WordPress. These tools allow users to move, add, remove and adjust different objects on their website without writing a code. You can create an SEO website or blog design easily through hi-tech features of tools like WordPress. The next step is to create SEO content. An expert writer will cost you too much therefore you can just take a high-quality article and then rewrite it in your words. Remember that we are talking about increasing the organic traffic on your website without getting help from others therefore you have to use article spinners to create unique content for your website. There are lots of free tools to spin articles. You can get unlimited content through those tools. You do these two things and there is a high chance that the ranking of your website will improve dramatically.
If you have read the whole article carefully then now you must have learnt about different aspects of SEO web designing and web development. There is a famous saying that knowledge is power therefore you must have knowledge of latest happenings in the field of SEO. Leading search engines never stop to update their algorithm to stay ahead of this competitive market. No one knows how those algorithm works because thousands of people have worked on them and these algorithms are continuously growing. You can only guess about changes after analyzing the results. Good thing is that there are dozens of experts out there who study and test search engine behavior and they publish their findings on various platforms. You have to subscribe to those platforms in order to know how search engines are operating. It is not a big deal to read few technical pieces once in a while. If you want something then you have to sacrifice some other thing. If you want to develop a converting website then you have to spend some time in reading the techniques, tricks, and tips to manipulate search engine in your favor.